Image Map

Friday, March 20, 2015

Around My City: Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soups

This week, despite my spending freeze, I decided that I really needed to get out of the office and take a lunch. It took me a minute or two of playing back and forth on what I wanted because despite the amazing (and pricey) restaurants around my office, I normally get fast food because it is quick and easy. 

Well I am glad I stayed away from it! Because I found the best place ever. Dare I say, that it is even better than Chipotle. Welcome to Gadzooks, where they serve happiness in enchilada and taco form! 



You start off a lot like you do at Chipotle, picking your main course. I picked the two enchilada which were more than enough! The best part was the fresh tortillas! Lord knows I love tortillas but please take a moment to understand the fact that they were cooking them from dough! Lord have meerrccyyy! 

Back to the process, you pick your meet or vegan/vegetarian options, I chose the Roasted Tomatillo Chicken and the Green Chile Pork. Then you choose your sauce! Red, Green, or Christmas tree style (both). Again I picked both because one can never have enough options when it comes to enchiladas. They add your cheeses and then put it int the fiery oven to let it all melt together. 


Skip down to the rest of your options, add your salsa, sauces, guac, and other miscellanous toppings. What ever you want they will add it, but always add the guac (only $1 extra). 

For mine I added the Slaw, guac, pico de gallo, and sour cream.

My coworker put green chile salsa, a jalapeno ranch dressing, sour cream, guac, and a fried egg on hers. I have never heard of getting fried eggs on enchiladas, but apparently I should. 

Overall I would give this place 2 really big thumbs up! There are a ton of choices for anyone, and there is the right amount of spice. Plus all of the food is really fresh, so rich and delicious. 

If you have a chance to go to Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soups I would definitely recommend it! 


 photo Signature1_zpsimuolwof.png


No comments:

Post a Comment