Image Map

Monday, April 6, 2015

How I Get Over Stress!



I will be the first to tell you that I have some stress filled days! They typically start with an M and are hated by everyone. But it has taken me quite a while to figure out how to deal with stress. Normally I would let it boil and then every once in a while it broke me down. On rare occasion I will still do that, but I have found some ways to calm myself down when I am worked up. 

Walk away. 
Sounds far too simple right? But walking away can actually be harder when you are worked up about something. You need to do it though! Take a minute to stop and go get a drink or take a walk. Either way, getting a moments break away will help you to stop and reevaluate what's going on. 

Take a nap.
I mean when doesn't a nap fix something? Even a really crappy nap can be effective, because you are not focusing on the stress, more like how much you want to go back to bed. So shut out the lights, grab a pillow, spray some Bath and Body Works lavender pillow spray, and zonk out for a nap. 
 
Work on something else. 
I find that if I can't figure something out, I will get to a stopping point and work on something I know I can do. Once I am done, I go back to my original project. If I don't do this then it consumes my entire day and I get nothing but that done. Sometimes it also helps get those light bulb moments to click. 

Ask someone for help or for their opinion.
Sometimes you just need a helping hand, and there is no shame in that! I like to ask my boss for help or go to a friend. It all depends on the situation. But sometimes you just need to talk it out with someone because two minds are always greater than one. 
 
Make a F*ck It playlist and jam out! 
If you ever catch me in my cubical or house dancing around, more than likely it's because I am trying to take myself out of a stressful situation. I just act goofy and have a mini dance party to some Nsync or Saving Ferris. It's like putting yourself in an instant happy mood. 

What do you do to get over stress? 

 photo Signature1_zpsimuolwof.png

No comments:

Post a Comment